Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Random Observation...






Well - I thought the point of advertisements and literature at the retail level was to encourage you to BUY the product. Perhaps I was wrong...






While shopping at Bevmo for some festive holiday ales, I came across this ad for the joint venture between two breweries I like. At $20 for a 750 ml, it ain't exactly cheap as beer goes. Curiousity immediately took hold and my first reaction is, of course, GRAB IT!

But something sat uneasy with me on this good night and I re-read beyond the names of the two breweries that had pretty much sold me on the beer. "Light" - ALL the way up to the "short finish". Sounds like a Pellegrino. How ever could they craft such an amazing roller coaster ride of a beer?

Look - I love a light-bodied beer as much as the next guy - but short finish? I'm out!

Needless to say, I passed on purchasing the beer. Congratulations, Bevmo! You just lost a sale thanks to the literature you posted to promote the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment