Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tandem Chardonnay and Sea Bass



After the lunch with Greg La Follette, I felt compelled to go back and taste a wine from his final vintage with Tandem. I'm a reborn La Follette fan at this point. I have a tendency to immerse myself in themes to the point of obsession.

A simple dinner by myself at home: Sea Bass, Roasted Summer Squash and Duck Fried Rice. Also, a bit of Jar's Caper Berry Relish on the side. The Tandem wine I opened was his 2007 'Ritchie Vineyard' Chardonnay. The Ritchie Vineyard has provided magnificent fruit to some of the best Chardonnay producers in California: Aubert, Kistler and Ramey are the first that come to mind.

The Sea Bass and the Chardonnay worked beautifully together. The already integrated oak was further pushed into the background, emphasizing the delicious apple/pear fruits. This is my style of Chardonnay. Crisp acidity and well-balanced. How can you not like this? I don't recommend the Caper Berries for it, however. Not tragic, but not a positive pairing.

Now, off to watch some Party Down! Have you seen this show...? Catering waiters. It has some of the funniest moments I've seen on tv in awhile. Check it out on Starz or stream it through Netflix. Check out the ninth episode of the first season and make sure you watch the credits. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment